Full-Time Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment in which our staff are committed to making a difference by contributing to excellence in education. Our professionally diverse staff are afforded a great deal of variety in their work, and enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments. Our staff are able to interact with grounded and practical students from a diverse range of backgrounds and our world-class library facilities enhance the teaching and learning experience. Deakin’s research objectives provide the opportunity for staff to actively contribute to producing important and worthwhile outcomes and to help shape the direction of their profession by conducting their own research and by passing on knowledge to students.
Compared to many other universities Deakin is a relatively young institution, meaning it is less entrenched in tradition and consequently more willing to adopt new ideas and initiatives. Our staff recognise that Deakin’s regional presence differentiates it from other universities, not only in terms of location but through our commitment to providing accessibility for students in regional areas and enhancing community partnerships.
The Senior Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research, publish and attract research funding in the area of pharmacology and therapeutics. The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School and Faculty’s teaching, research, program development, and relevant service activities.
The appointee is responsible for:
- Course development, maintenance and delivery in the areas of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Development, ensuring relevance and curriculum quality.
- Teaching, research, scholarly publication and the generation of research funding in the broad area of Molecular Medicine.
- Ongoing development of the School and Faculty, including the establishment and nurturing of industry links, partnerships and local and international recruitment.
- Supervising honours and postgraduate students, ensuring successful and timely completions.
- Contributing to the administration of the School, Faculty and University.
No related posts.
How to Apply
For a full copy of the position description, and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/jobs All applicants are encouraged to provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria in addition to providing resume.
No related posts.
30 total views, 3 today